Monday, August 17, 2009

barton springs I

I spent a couple of days at barton springs in austin. people there are more than a little proud of their natural spring-fed swimming pool. they regard it a mystical place. they flock to it to swim laps in the pitch black morning hours. they let the day's heat pass hanging out on bright-colored rubber floaties. they stand in clusters at night - friends and friends and friends of friends of friends of friends. on the other side of a fence dog owners and those not willing to shell out three bucks hang in the shallow natural swimming hole.
lately my story ideas have revolved around harder news angles. i think hanging out at the springs brought a lot of playfulness back into my photography. dangling my legs in the water or laying in the grass, i wasn't just there to 'cover' but to enjoy this place with everyone around me.
this is a really lose edit, a tighter one will be on my web site soon.

6 comments:

Nicholas Draney said...

Awesome DJ.

Fly on the Wall said...

really nice D. I love h0w you see things.

Anonymous said...

10.

Chris Detrick said...

nice work!

Drew Nash said...

Always impressed. Very subtle and powerful. E for excellence.

Djamila Grossman said...

thanks a lot guys. wish i could've brought back some springs for us to hang out in. thanks for the comments. it was good times there.