Tuesday, November 11, 2008

a heavy sigh of relief...

...because had i stayed i most likely would have joined the ranks of unemployed photojournalists come january.
JRC put the new britain herald and the bristol press up for sale and will shut them down if there's no new owner within 60 days. I've talked to people at the herald but the hartford courant officially reports it here. We knew this was coming but it still gives me chills. It makes me feel extra warm and cozy here at the standard...this time i escaped the burning house right before the roof collapsed. scary times. we'll see what comes next. i hope everyone to be laid off will make their way and find other opportunities.

3 comments:

Andy Jacobsohn said...

Ryan told me yesterday afternoon. It was odd to actually here the circumstance, but I couldn't deny that we knew it was coming along soon.

Anonymous said...

:)

bucktown said...

JRC refugees unite

it was fun and pretty interesting there at times you can't deny that